Sunday, June 1, 2014

Pancake Pops


I've made several great recipes that I've found on Pinterest and while I love looking at some of the "Pinterest Fail" blogs sometimes, I've honestly had great luck.  I saw this idea on there some time back and when I decided to throw a Flip Flop Exchange & brunch again this year for friends, I wanted to try making pancake pops.  I was feeling great about it - found some Wilton lollipop sticks for a decent price, got the ingredients together, and then I told my husband my idea.  He laughed and thought it would never work.  So, with a group of friends and kids at my house, it was with a little apprehension that I tried this out.  But, ta-da!  It worked!  Baby girl ate 3 the first day, 4 the next morning and absolutely loved the pancake on a stick.

They are super cute but the real bonus is that I find my girls eat less syrup when they dip instead of drench their pancakes, and the little extra time it takes to make them is overshadowed (in my mind) by the time it takes to cut them into pieces.  It was fun for the party and I'll be making these again!

Step 1:  Make a batch of your favorite pancake batter.  The kind that's more cake-like will work better than the kind that is thinner and more crepe-like.  You might decrease your liquid a bit to achieve thicker batter.

Step 2:  Using a griddle, pour smallish amounts of batter and let it cook for about a minute.


Step 3:  After it's cooked for 1-2 minutes, add the sticks.  One of my friends suggested resting the sticks on the rim of the griddle so the sticks themselves didn't burn.


Step 4:  Using a spoon or spatula, smooth over the batter to cover the stick.


Step 5:  When bubbles appear, use a flat spatula to turn the pancakes - don't use the sticks to do this!



Step 6:  When they're done cooking, remove from the griddle (again using your spatula) and serve!  



No more pictures, mom!


2 comments: