Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Napa Valley



Girl's weekend in Napa Valley . . . where do I start? It was amazingly relaxing and so special to be with my sisters, sister-in-law, aunt and cousin for 3 days. I really don't have any good explanation for why I've never been there before (and why my wine-loving husband has never been there either) and it exceeded my expectations. Even though I couldn't participate in the wine tasting because I'm pregnant, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. A special thanks to J for staying home with our daughter so I could have so much fun!

Recommendations:

Hidden Oak Bed and Breakfast in Sonoma - clean, charming home and great breakfasts (and snacks)


Go Fish! in St. Helena - the pictures speak for themselves




The Oxbow Market in Napa - not quite the Ferry Market building, but really cool.




Tour of the Kunde wine cave and Rombauer - probably my favorites of the wineries we visited.


Lunch at the Wine Spectator Greystone Restaurant at the Culinary Institute of America where I even ate pate and smelt - two things I don't normally enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. Gettin hungry...Is it as tasty as it looks??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks like you had some fantastic food (even if you couldn't have wine)! I'd love to visit Napa... someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice food tour! Been there many times, but don't think I've had anything so impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete