Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Making Bubbles for Breakfast


My daughter is 17 months old and learning to talk. When I made waffles for breakfast this morning, she first acted confused that they weren't popping out of the toaster. Then, she called them "bubbles" and ate half of a big belgian waffle. There was a time when I made this recipe for breakfast at least once a week for my husband and I. And then, I had a baby and I rarely cook a hot breakfast any more.

My dear friend Lori was kind enough to give me this recipe. I usually make half of the recipe (to make half of an egg, only use the egg white). I know it's cheater because of the the first ingredient, but oh, well. They are amazing.

Lori's Waffles with a few Bec Additions

2 cups of Bisquick (I use the "Heart Healthy" kind)
1 can of club soda
1 egg
2 T vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla or orange extract (used orange this morning - from Whole Foods)
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix everything together and put it in a waffle iron until they're done! My husband likes them best with softened cream cheese and lemon curd. I usually put fruit spread with no added sugar but they're great with just plain old maple syrup and butter.

1 comment:

  1. yummy - i actually just got acquainted with bisquick.... i'd never made pancakes in my entire life until i got pregnant again. i've been craving carbs like no other, so blueberry pancakes have been a new staple in our household! i'll have to try the waffles - they sound delicious!

    and i am so proud of you for starting your own cooking blog - i love your recipes and am excited to be able to check in for new ideas now and again!!

    can't wait to see u soon!
    luv u! sar

    ReplyDelete