Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter candy

This post is not where I confess to hiding and then eating 2 bags of coconut Hershey's kisses that I bought on clearance.  No, it's where I share this fun Easter treat that I made for the kids' dessert.  I saw it on Pinterest, it only had 3 ingredients (counting the jelly beans), and it seemed like something that the kids would love . . . and they did!  Hooray for homemade candy and holiday treats.

Chocolate Easter Nests (makes 16-20 small nests)
from a Pumpkin and a Princess blog

1 3/4 cup semisweet or dark chocolate
2 cups shredded coconut
jelly beans

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.  When it's melted and whisked smooth, add the coconut and stir to thoroughly combine.  Drop tablespoons into mini muffin tins and use the tablespoon to make an indentation in the middle so it looks like a nest.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until hardened.  I made these the day before and kept them in the refrigerator.  Fill with jellybeans when you're ready to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment