Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Coffee Creamer



I've been inspired by my friend Lisa's posts to cut down on the amount of money I spend going out for coffee and have been brewing my own at home.  I drink my coffee black sometimes and sometimes I like a little milk or creamer in it but the flavored creamer you can buy at the grocery store grosses me out - look at those scary ingredients sometime!  I made a pumpkin spice flavored version of this in the fall but this time around, I wanted to use up some coconut milk that I had on hand.  It was yummy and lasted me a couple of weeks.  Much cheaper than getting a vanilla latte every morning!

Homemade Coffee Creamer (makes about 1 cup)

Equal parts whole milk and coconut milk (unsweetened) or heavy cream.  Add some maple syrup to sweeten (or sugar) and a flavoring of your choice.  Cocoa powder, almond extract, pumpkin pie spice - be creative!

For this batch, I used 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 2 T maple syrup, 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.

1 comment: