Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Back to School


I'm not going to lie - my kids are adjusting better to Back to School than I am . . . and I have two more weeks before I even start teaching again!  It's a new schedule with a lot to coordinate - school lunches, early dismissal days, early bedtimes, early mornings, clean clothes and uniforms, homework and the list goes on.  I'm generally a pretty organized person and that's served me well the last 2 weeks - I make school lunches the day before and put them in the refrigerator, set out clothes the night before, have calendars and lists galore - but I'm still running late, perpetually feeling like I'm forgetting something, and a little frazzled.

What helps me and my kids get through the morning is caffeine (for me, not the kids) and some kind of healthy breakfast.  These days, breakfast needs to be quick.  So, here are a few of our family's favorite recipes for those busy mornings:

Carrot Cake Oatmeal
Healthy Pancakes
Swiss Muesli
Granola - first recipe
Granola - second recipe
Granola Bars



2 comments:

  1. Aren't you loving these last two week? I am. I have taken to showering at night. Helps with the bottleneck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I know things would have been rough if we all started the same week. I'm trying to really enjoy these last few weeks home with the baby!

      Delete