Friday, May 21, 2010

Maison Akira



I have heard about this restaurant many times, l lived within a few blocks of it for 7 years, and until this past weekend, I had never eaten there. Wow. Was I ever missing out! The menu was amazing, the house smoked salmon and soba noodle salad that they gave us as a pre-meal treat was out of this world, and I'm seriously in love with their green tea baked alaska (photo above). I was inspired to start making baked alaska again but in individual sized portions (more meringue, the best part!).

Maison Akira offers several tasting menus where you can pick a few courses, with or without wine. I did the "menu of the month" which featured lobster and had a lobster corn chowder as my first course and a Maine Lobster Gratin as my entree. The lobster meat was removed from the shell and cooked then topped with an amazing cheese bread crumb mixture and served back over the shell. It came with steamed vegetables and quinoa. The other cool thing about the menu is almost everything comes in two sizes - entree and tapas. The tapas portions were perfect for trying a couple of things and my husband had the lobster shrimp ravioli and the Kobe Beef.

We have a few local restaurants that we love and this will join the ranks - how great is it to be a foodie and live in Pasadena?

Maison Akira
713 East Green Street
Pasadena, CA 9110
(626) 796-9501

1 comment:

  1. And, it's great that two Pasadena eateries have been featured on the Food Network/Channel

    Did you say Soba Noodles? I need to try MA also. I know where it's at & even have a few pics I took of it.

    ReplyDelete