Monday, December 21, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year



Today is the day! Not Christmas (there are still 3 links on my daughter's paper chain until that day), but the day that we bake. I love Christmas baking - every part of it. Yesterday I made a giant mess of my kitchen making my dough (so it can refrigerate until today) and I loved every minute of that. Today, I headed to my mom's to bake cookies.

We made 4 kinds: The sugar cookies with sprinkles that we've made every year since I can remember (Mary's Sugar Cookies from the Betty Crocker Cooky Book), chocolate crinkles, molasses spice cookies (my favorite and specialty, original recipe from America's Test Kitchen via my friend Eileen), and peppermint shortbread drizzled with dark chocolate (new this year - from the Julienne cookbook).

We made more than I could count at the end and it went smoothly - 2 convection ovens really help! My daughter got up from her nap in time to help decorate:


2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking I wanted some of those spicy molasses cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to wish you & family a Happy Festivus holiday before I 4got, Bec!

    ReplyDelete