Monday, June 22, 2009

Where I've Been



I've taken the past 10 days or so to vacation with my family. Most of you already know where we went, but for those of you who don't, here are a few (food) clues:

My daughter's breakfast the first morning


A wonderful dinner of fresh fish (blackened scallops and prawns on the left, seared ahi on the right, and yes, live koi in the background)


The box on the counter of our condo - I won't eat papayas any other place!


My daughter trying to chase down her dinner (she would have ignored the sign above had she anything to feed the bird)


The best meal we had on our last night - curry coconut stew with scallops, shrimp, mussels, and ahi


You guessed it - Kaua'i, the Garden Isle of Hawaii. We stayed in Poipu Beach for the week and it was an amazing trip. My food recommendations if you're ever on this island are Tidepools at the Grand Hyatt, Plantation Gardens, and Duke's.

2 funny stories from our trip: My daughter laid on the ground crying because the parrots in the hotel lobby didn't talk and sing like the Tiki Room at Disneyland (wait, is that funny or sad??) and she thought the fish were "flapping their wings" in the water.

5 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the land of Blog.

    Your daughter with the parrots is hilarious. I guess, like mother like daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your daughter has been exposed to the parrots of San Gabriel Valley, she knows they are not Broadway bound in the voice department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CP - thanks!
    AH - she hasn't gotten close enough to know that those loud birds are really parrots :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very jealous. I've never been to Hawaii. Sigh. Glad you had fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tiki room, a good place to nap.

    What a funny image of her crying though. Glad you guys had fun (and ate well.)

    ReplyDelete