Monday, November 28, 2011

The Cheese Cave in Claremont


One of my best foodie discoveries in Claremont has been the Cheese Cave.  The staff helped me put together a dessert cheese course on two occasions and it turned out great!  I also stop in there for lunch sometimes.  If you come visit me, I'll take you there!

Here are some of the reasons I like it (in no particular order):
   a)  Samples.  lots of samples.
   b)  Knowledgable staff & great suggestions
   c)  Free temporary tattoos by the register
   d)  They keep a record of what you've bought so if you forget what it was called and want to buy it again, you can.
   e)  Delicious artisanal cheese and a fantastic selection 
   f)  Crazy good french baguettes
   g)  Samples.
   h)  Fresh sandwiches to go (different selection every day)

325 Yale Avenue / Closed Mondays

1 comment:

  1. Cheese, Gromit? I live for a good cheese board. The best I ever had was in a small hotel in Normandy and all the cheeses were from the local cows and sheep.

    Your shop sounds like an excellent reason to visit Claremont.

    ReplyDelete