Friday, September 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies



When the little girls go to bed early, naughty things happen in our house.  Like raspberry souffles and peanut butter cup brownies.  I've made different versions of brownies from scratch but don't have one recipe that's my favorite or go-to.  This recipe was chosen because I recently bought the unsweetened baking chocolate discs from Trader Joe's and I wanted to use those.  I found it on Joy of Baking and it's called "Katharine Hepburn's Brownies Recipe" . . . ooh la la.  Maybe I was also a little attracted to this recipe because I recently watched about a half hour of African Queen and about half of On Golden Pond.  I can't watch a whole movie these days without falling asleep!

Bonus:  You only use one bowl.  I left out the nuts and added 6 dark chocolate peanut butter cups (also from TJ's) chopped up.  Heavenly!



Peanut Butter Cup Brownies (9 or 12 depending on how you slice them)
from Joy of Baking

2 oz (60g) unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped peanut butter cups

Coarsely chop the baking chocolate and butter.  Melt in a medium bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water.  Stir in the sugar.  Then, stir in the vanilla and eggs.  Finally, stir in the flour and salt.  Fold in the peanut butter cups.  Spread in a greased 8x8 baking pan and bake at 325 for 30 minutes.  Cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment