Tuesday, September 6, 2011

4 Years

September 5, 2007

One year old in 2008

Enchanted Tiki Room Birthday Party for a 2 year old

Rock Climbing Party in 2010 - three years old!

And, yesterday, my girl turned FOUR
I know it's such a cliche to say that time goes so quickly, it seems like just yesterday, the years fly by . . . but I really have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that I have been a mother for four years and that my little girl has changed so much in that time.  In some ways, when I fill in the years between these photos, it seems long.  There were so many days of playing pretend, new adventures, pushing a stroller, long nights, reading books, answering"why?", cuddling and singing, going on vacation, worrying, teaching new skills and new words, changing diapers, and thinking of fun activities to do.  This little girl has taught me so much about life, myself, God, and seeing things through her eyes is always a delight.

The night before her birthday, she wanted to sleep in her sleeping bag in a new playhouse tent she got for her birthday.  I tucked her in and peeked through the window.

Me:  Sleep tight!  In the morning, you'll be four!
Her:  I really will be four tomorrow?
Me:  Yes, you will.
Her:  What will happen when I wake up and I don't fit in my sleeping bag or this house because I'm four?
Me:  You won't grow that much in the night . . . your body will stay the same but you will be four years old
Her:  I'll really be four?
Me:  Yes!

In the morning . . . .

Her:  Look at my arms!  They are so much longer today because I'm four.

I love you baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. "Time flies" must have been invented by a parent. I have never felt time fly so much as the time I spend raising kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughter writes the best dialog.

    ReplyDelete