Thursday, May 16, 2024

Crunchwrap Supreme

Friends often tease me about my love of Taco Bell . . . we didn't eat a lot of fast food when I was growing up but when we did, it was often Taco Bell (like on the way to the beach).  I have passed on my love of Taco Bell to my kids and there are two main things they like:  Doritos Locos Tacos & Crunchwrap supremes.  When there is food in my Instagram feed, it's usually weird & crazy things like this giant Crunchwrap dupe.  One night it was just the girls and I at home for dinner and we decided to give it a try.  Let's just say it did not disappoint . . . delicious!  I haven't made it a second time, and it definitely goes in the "Instagram made me try it" category but just for fun, here are the photos and a loose recipe.




Giant Crunchwrap Supreme

Taco seasoned ground beef (browned)
Nacho cheese (yes, the gross stuff in a can)
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
sour cream
shredded cheese
Large flour tortillas (like the extra large burrito size)
Corn tostadas (like a big round tortilla chip)
Hot sauce or salsa for serving

Spread several large flour tortillas (the burrito size) overlapping on a sheet pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  In the middle, put a layer of ground beef.  Then, spread some nacho cheese over that.  Then, on top of that, lay your corn tostadas.
Spread the corn tostadas with sour cream, then sprinkle with lettuce and tomatoes, and then sprinkle some shredded cheese.

Fold the flour tortillas over the top of it all and spray with some cooking spray or olive oil.  Put it in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or so.  VERY CAREFULLY flip it and cook for 5-10 minutes more.  You can turn the broiler on if the outside isn't brown and crispy.  Cut into wedges and serve.  Careful - the filling will be hot.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment