Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Honey & Pistachio Baked Brie


Dairy has been bothering my stomach and I haven't recently eaten much cheese.  Sad, I know!  When I made this appetizer for some friends a few weeks ago, I ate more than my fair share and although my belly hurt later, it was actually worth it.  Delicious!  I like how simple, yet impressive this appetizer is and I know I'll be making it again soon.  You can serve it with toasted baguette, crackers, and sliced apples (green Granny Smith ones are great with it).

Honey & Pistachio Baked Brie (4-6 appetizer servings)

Ingredients:

1 round brie (6-8 oz)
1/4 cup lightly salted pistachios, shelled
2 T honey
1 T olive oil
1-2 tsp freshly chopped thyme
olive oil for the pan

Method:

Start by lightly scoring the top of the brie in a crisscross pattern with cuts about 1 inch apart.  Drizzle a little olive oil in a baking pan and set the brie in the pan.  Top with the pistachios, honey, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and thyme. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is soft and oozy but not completely melted - you don't want the brie to flatten out but to hold its round shape and still be spreadable.  I had to poke around at it a few times to make sure it was ready.

Serve with crackers, crusty bread, or apple slices

No comments:

Post a Comment