Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015!

Wishing you and your loved ones a happy and peaceful 2015!  Our year started off great today . . . I took Little for a run in the jogging stroller and stayed in my yoga pants all day.  The big girls went to a movie with their grandma and after watching the football and "undecking  the halls," we had breakfast for dinner and played games.

Last night we had our first (annual?) New Year's Eve party which was a ton of fun.  One of the recipes that received the most compliments was a recipe from some family friends the Goldens for a Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa.  I'll share it below along with a few photos of our Christmas and New Years.

Little and her Great Grammy

Dressed up for Christmas Eve dinner in the desert
On our way home Christmas morning
Christmas with cousins
Christmas sweatshirts . . . thanks T!

Happy New Year!


Cranberry Jalapeño Salsa 
from the Goldens

12 oz cranberries, chopped
3 -4 jalapeños, chopped (seeds removed)
3-4 green onions, chopped
1 tsp cumin
1/2-3/4 c. sugar

Combine all ingredients and chill overnight.
Recipe notes:  freeze cranberries to make them easier to chop.  Jarred jalapeños work as well as fresh.

4 comments:

  1. That's the way to make me smile in the morning...a picture of your Grammie right up front. I was just thinking about her last night and how very much I love that wonderful woman. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also really good served over cream cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I woke up wanting that salsa in my mouth! I'm definitely going to make it for some occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a wonderful party and the salsa was fantastic; thanks for sharing the recipe -- and for generously opening your home to everyone!

    ReplyDelete