Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Theresa's Enchiladas



My sister Theresa has great ideas for new recipes and creative ways to use the produce that she gets in her CSA. Recently, she was telling me about these Butternut Squash Enchiladas and I had to learn more. Here are the recipes, some photos, and her notes:

Butternut Squash Enchiladas

Tomatilla Sauce

For the enchiladas I also put some black beans in the filling and used a mexican cheese mix instead of the monterey jack/mozzarella recommended. I just didn't want to put mozzarella in enchiladas.



It was good, pretty easy, and parts or all of it can be prepared ahead of time. It made a lot, although I'm not entirely sure how much squash I had. I'm not good at estimating weights. I used 2 small/medium squash. And the squash baked in a little less than an hour. We had so much I froze some enchiladas... I'll let you know how that tastes when we eat it.





I've never made my own tomatilla sauce and now I'm especially motivated to give it a try - both of these recipes look awesome!

4 comments:

  1. this sounds absolutely delish. (Like the new avatar.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just ate the frozen left overs of this tonight and it was pretty good the second time around as well!

    ReplyDelete